Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Spring Garden

Artist's Gallery
Watering Can & Lattice Card
Does this picture remind you of a day in the garden, picking bouquets and planting bulbs? This is one of the more detailed cards I did. I painted the scene entirely from my imagination, except for copying the flowers from a bulb catalog. I forget now who the recipient was, but I often wish I’d have kept the card since I put so much work into it. That’s the only downside of painting cards, but then you can share them with someone else! I was beginning to understand why most cards are prints, and not original works, because of the extensive time factor involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome shading on the lattice!

Anonymous said...

I bought one of these from your store, countrygirlart!