Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Rose Card 1

Artist's Gallery
Pink Rose Card
And one last flower card, in two posts this time. This is a rose I did just last month for my mother. I’d usually never try something like it, but I came across the photo and felt I had to paint it, so I jumped in. I sketched the petals with pencil first (did you know a rose had so many petals?) and then mixed up 5 or 6 shades of pink paint. I thought it wasn’t coming out very well, but my art teacher picked it up and started showing it to everyone—he loved it! I think the secret was having very distinct darks and lights; that contrast is very important in flowers. See how the petals are defined by dark and light pinks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rose.

Anonymous said...

I love the shading on the petals.