Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Café Curtains

Do-It-Yourself Decorating
Finished Curtains
Sewing the lower panels for each window wasn’t hard for my sister and I; just measure, cut, pin, and stitch. After turning them right side out, we sewed in channels for the curtain rods, and a little ruffle above. The top valance was a bit more challenging—it was so long and skinny. But the angles at the sides were hardest, trying to get a curve that would look nice ruffled up. We sewed each valance from three panels: two curved ends and a straight middle. I think this style is called a café curtain. They’re nice since they block off the road outside but still let in plenty of light. And the lower panels are easily opened for a full-screen view!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They came out beautifully! I like that color.

Susanna said...

Thanks! I really love the color too.

Anonymous said...

I like that curve on top. Nice pattern for such large windows.