Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rose Card 2

Artist's Gallery
An Awesome Rose
Well, what do you think? Honestly, I couldn’t be happier with it. I’m still in shock it came out so pretty and realistic! I toned down that front purple with milky pink and bluish-red. That red at the base of the inside petals really added a lot, along with some touches of peach that I could see in the original photo.
I worried a lot about the leaves before I painted them. This was a REAL watercolor paper card, textured surface and all, and I didn’t want to cover it all up. So I decided only to put in a few, very light leaves. Watering down the paint produced a subtle effect that didn’t take away from the rose, and also let the paper texture show through. Also, I used a very blue green so it wouldn’t clash with the pinks. It made a very sweet, feminine card, perfect for someone like my mother!
Pink Rose Source Picture
Now that I’ve shown off my painting, here is the original photo to compare. I took it at Inniswood Metropark in Columbus several years ago. The shape is remarkably similar, though the colors are a bit different—mine are richer and pinker than the photograph. This was really a fun project...especially when it came out so well!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the most beautiful card you have done yet! I was so happy to be the honored recipient. Thank you - you are so sweet, Susanna!!

love,
Mom