Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birthday Card

Artist's Gallery
Simple Flower Card
This cheery sunflower made a lovely birthday card for one of my pen friends in Germany. Did you guess, it’s the same flower as in my last post? In fact, I’ve painted that picture at least four or five times! I used to use up extra paint from other projects by slapping it on cards. I’d actually build of a stock of near-finished cards to pull out for any occasion. I started out using pieces of cardstock, cutting them to size, but then bought pre-cut 4x6 cardstock cards to paint on. It wasn’t really paint-quality paper, and I had trouble with some wrinkling, but it worked well enough for countless cards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cards must be greatly appreciated when they are received. Do you ever get any feedback about them?

Susanna said...

Oh yes, my penfriends and relatives have told me repeatedly how much they like them. One friend said she was going to frame the card! Actually, I'm not always sure the artwork always deserves the praise it receives! :)

Anonymous said...

There's that happy little wave again:)!