Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!
Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and geocaching adventures, sunlight-shadows.com for original poetry, and bloggingforhopeandcourage.com for inspiring photos!
6 comments:
Fascinating! What do you mean - for the fire insurance policy?
That would be interesting to watch someone construct a diarama like this.
To get fire insurance in the 1820s, Mr. Worthington had to move his stable further away from the mansion. Understandably, hay and straw plus lanterns and open fire could easily create a hazardous situation!
Servants quarters - I guess that's how he managed to get all that done. I don't think there were any minimum wage laws back then!
Amazing layout. Did any Indians ever stay at his house?
Yes, as I understand, Indians were among the frequent guests at Adena. Most notably, Tecumseh and his men stayed there for a week (see Peace Pipe post for more info).
Post a Comment