Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Coneflower Card

Artist's Gallery
Another Card with That Same Barn?
It’s hard for even me to believe the number of cards I’ve done the last five years. In fact, my art instructor used to tease me about always painting such small pictures! Above is one I did last year for a penpal’s birthday. I actually painted a second identical one at the same time for my grandma. It was faster, to slap the same colors of paint on both at once. We really did get a photo of that monarch on our coneflowers—I didn’t insert it! A picture like this I probably wouldn’t try on a larger canvas; the card size is really easier to handle…for me, anyway. I also have prints of this card available for sale here at my Countrygirl Art Etsy store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a perfect setting for the monarch!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful.