Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pond Trio

Artist's Gallery
A Trio of Three Ponds
Interestingly enough, both of my oil paintings are not displayed together in my house. Mud Valley Reflections joined a number of my Amish country paintings in our living room (Walk in Mud Valley, The Way Home, and Walking Home). On the other hand, Fish Pond Shed found its place in the kitchen in an interesting trio of paintings. It matched my painting Water Lily Lake nicely: though the ponds are different, the colors are the same. I also had another small painting of the same pond as in Fish Pond Shed. You can see it up close below. It was a bit challenging to fit such a horizontal scene into a vertical frame! I really like how the light in the sky and water came out though. And the ripples in the pond - those are especially pretty I think. The farm and shed, well, they're decent enough. Anyway, this painting completed the trio nicely. I was happy to be done with those messy oil paints!
Fish Pond Study

No comments: