Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mud Valley Reflections 4

Artist's Gallery
Finished Painting
Now for the finishing touches. I was itching to paint the red tree leaves in the front, but I knew I had to completely finish the rest of the painting first. If anything behind was still wet, the tree leaves would get muddy and smudged. First I added a few more highlights on the trees and grass, as well as their corresponding reflections. Next came the cows - and they were not easy to create. Some of them ended up looking more like train cars than four-legged animals! After making sure that was dry, I started in on the tree. It was really challenging since I knew that once I put the paint down, it would be really hard to remove it again! I built up the leaves with dark reds and maroons, then added brighter brick red on top. I think the red tree adds a nice frame on the picture without being too intense for the scene. See what you think of it compared to my watercolor of the same scene right here.

No comments: