Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Way Home

Artist's Gallery
Acrylic Painting
Here is a peaceful painting I did from the road where we used to live. It's called “The Way Home” since this buggy will soon be passing our farmhouse about half a mile down the road. I like how the background farm came out, with the long shadows of the evening sun. I did the trees solely with a fan brush, which has an interesting effect. The buggy was a challenge, and I think it and the well-worn pavement came out nicely too.
On J Beachy Photography,  you can see the original photo I used for this painting. What a beautiful picture! The barn in the background belongs to a family cattle farm. The same family also ran the fishponds in my painting “Forest Fire.” I can just imagine walking down that road again!
New! You can now purchase this painting as a greeting card here at my Countrygirl Art shop on Etsy.com!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really a pretty picture, for all the reasons you pointed out. I like the shadowing and peaceful atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to walk with you!

Anonymous said...

Looks so peaceful...