Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Fish Pond Shed 2

Artist's Gallery
Final Touches
After a little bit more work, my second oil painting was finally finished. Did you think everything was complete on the building in my last picture? Look again. For some reason, I forgot to paint the porch roof post shadows at the same time as the rest of the shading on the building! Well, I had to mix up more paint (which does not exactly match) and put those shadows in. In fact, I still forgot to put them in on the building in the reflection! Oh, well. Then I added some more highlights in the trees, and also along the pond edge. The yellow ochre on the bushes around the pond ties in with the field and adds some interest. I'm actually pretty happy with how it came out.

1 comment: