Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Walk in Mud Valley 3

Artist's Gallery
Coming to Life
And here is the real heart of Amish country: horse in the pasture, buggy clackety-clacking down the road, pedestrians enjoying a beautiful day. But it’s the fence I get compliments on when people look at the picture! I think it’s the sharp detail combined with a vibrant dark & light contrast. You think of a fence being only one color, but it’s really a whole range of blues. I’m more impressed with the gate myself; you can feel the light dancing on the worn, crooked bars. I had to sketch the buggy several times before I got it the right size, but it came out perfectly. I'm very pleased with the painting; I'd say at this point it's the second-best of all I've done!
Thanks to J Beachy Photography, you can see the original for this painting as well by clicking on the link. See what you think!
New! You can now purchase this painting as a greeting card here at my Countrygirl Art shop on Etsy.com!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you did have some surprises waiting in the wings!

Anonymous said...

You did do a very nice job on the fence.

Anonymous said...

Very cool horse!