Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Water Lily Lake 3

Artist's Gallery
Completed Painting
And, the painting is complete. I had the hardest time figuring out a frame--plain wood does not seem to fit, somehow--but had this yellow one on hand and thought it looked nice. As far as how it came out, I think it's a fresh, spring painting with the bright, soft colors.
On the other hand, take a look at the actual scene in the photo below. The subject, arrangement, and view are about the same. However, the yellows and deep greens portray more of a mid-summer scene, which it actually was. I don't think I've ever had a painting come out so differently from the photo before! But it certainly is interesting. Which look do you like better?
Photo of Lake at Paint-Out

2 comments:

J Beachy said...

I like the painting better. I think the windmill makes the scene more interesting.

Susanna said...

Thanks!