Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Winter Days

Backyard Poultry
Acorn in the Snow
Contrary to what I had read, the chickens were not afraid of the snow, and soon were venturing out into it. I actually worried about their feet getting frostbite! Here is Acorn checking out a new snowfall. The chickens loved to eat the snow, and eventually it’d all disappear from their pen! (I would actually put it in their house by the scoop full for them to eat!) I wonder, did it taste something like popsicles?
Pepper
The hens would often spend winter days up on the roost, especially when the afternoon sun was shining in the window. Except for Puzzle, who would only get up there if it was really cold—or really boredPepper (seen here) was the bottom one on the pecking order, so I think it had more reasons than one to spend a lot of time up on the roosts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Acorn's so cute! I like its bushy face.