Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cheesy Mice

Gluten-Free Gourmet
Ever Seen a Cute Mouse?
There’s a good possibility this goofy recipe will actually make your mother jump up on a chair and scream!! Just kidding—I’ve seen real mice in our henhouse, and they don’t compare to these guys! Another easy recipe with a whole lot of zing.
Start with three hardboiled eggs. Cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks. Mash the yolks with 3 T. shredded cheddar cheese and herbs of your choice. Spoon the mixture back into the egg whites and smooth the surface. Turn the egg halves upside down and arrange on a plate.
Cut slits into the pointed ends of the eggs and insert:
Radish or carrot slices for ears                    Carrot piece for nose
Currants (or halved raisins) for eyes                       Radish roots for tails
Serve garnished with sliced cheese, herbs, or tomatoes. Here is one mouse I would like to eat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these silly critters! Here is a Dr. Seuss poem you can read when you eat them(because it is the only poem I know of that talks about both mice and eggs!):

Do you like
green eggs and ham?
I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like
green eggs and ham.

Would you like them
here or there?

I would not like them
here or there.
I would not like them
anywhere.
I do not like
green eggs and ham.
I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.

Would you like them
in a house?
Would you like them
with a mouse?

I do not like them
in a house.
I do not like them
with a mouse.
I do not like them
here or there.
I do not like them
anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Would you eat them
in a box?
Would you eat them
with a fox?

Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not eat them here or there.
I would not eat them anywhere.
I would not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

(You can see how it's going, but in the end . . . well, find the poem and see!)

Susanna said...

Very funny! Thankyou for the poem!

Anonymous said...

Those certainly are cute! Where's the cat?:)!