Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Birthday Bouquet

Do-It-Yourself Decorating
Original Flowers & Vase
This flowery centerpiece decorated my birthday table--a pleasing arrangement for a glass vase. (Thanks to my mom for a nice job on it!) But what do you think I could do with it given a nice container and some floral foam?
Finished Bouquet
How about this? It wasn't easy deciding where to put each kind of flower! I started out with the single red carnation in the top center, surrounded by the stalk of orange lilies. The white and pink lilies formed two rings underneath those, with the yellow daisies in between. I also added in those purple and red tulips from our flower beds outside--we picked them since we had a freeze warning and have enjoyed watching them open!  What do you think of the arrangement? Next time I might try interspersing the orange lilies into the lower levels more. I just love the color of those marbled pink ones!

PS: See another arrangement I did in this same ceramic pot here.

5 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Are those alstromeria? Are you growing them in your garden?

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! Ddi you say you were taking lessons somewhere?

Susanna said...

Yes, I think it may be a kind of alstromeria lily. We got these at Kroger--it's too early for lilies here. Ours are just coming up.

Susanna said...

Glad you like them! Yes, we went to a three-week flower-arranging class at the art gallery in town. I guess I learned a lot!

Pilgrim said...

Alstromeria are so pretty.