Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wooden Footbridge

Artist's Gallery
The Old Wooden Footbridge
This is my last painting from the Fast and Fun Landscaping acrylics book. It’s got a lot going on! I started with a textured yellow background again, then blocked in the grass with a scrubby brush. The trees took shape under fan and scrubby brushes double-loaded with greens, oranges, and reds. Next I put the stream in (have you ever seen a creek that shade of blue??), with a darker stripe for the bridge shadow. I sketched the bridge in with paint, rather than pencil, filled it out with brown, and added a railing on top. I like how the lower arc came out, but not the top—it’s lopsided!
Donna Dewberry’s book also had several demos on painting a continuous scene across two, three, or even four canvasses, like a mural. They hung side-by-side or in a window-pane formation. These paintings didn’t need frames as they were just mounted on the wall. Although I didn’t do any of these projects, they gave me the idea for a painting I would soon do: my two-canvas farm scene “Autumn Pastoral.” This book sure hit the spot with my style of painting! I’d love to own it someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like all the bright colors.