Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fresh Flower Pot

Do-It-Yourself Decorating
Daisies & Carnations
I did this fresh flower arrangement all on my own. I'm pretty pleased with it! At first I did all the flowers too tall, and had to keep pushing them in til they covered all the foam. That's a special kind of foam called Oasys foam--it actually soaks up water so the flower stems stay wet. It's used for all fresh arrangements. After cutting the foam to shape, I got it wet (it gets about ten times heavier!) and set it down in the vase filled with water. My grandma gave me that container, and it happened to match the bouquet perfectly! Those little blue silk flowers added just the finishing touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Where did you get the flowers?

Susanna said...

We found these in the sale bin at our local grocery store. They stayed good for another week and a half. Quite a deal!