Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Snowshoe Rabbit

Artist's Gallery
Snowshoe Rabbit
Well, we’re not switching gears too much to look at a few of my own art pieces! I did this paint-by-number when I was eight years old. The many shades of blue and brown on the white coat have always intrigued me, and I think the subtle touches of red contrast very nicely. I did several paint-by-numbers at that time—astronauts on the moon, a puppy and soccer ball, and a beautiful one with dolphins jumping at sunset. I also composed this poem to go with my Snowshoe Rabbit painting when I was eight:

All creatures great and powerful,
All creatures great and small,
There's none like the snowshoe rabbit
That changes in the fall.

 In the spring it emerges
A shade of rustic brown;
 In the winter it shows up pure white,
Like a wedding gown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely poem to match this beautiful bunny!

Anonymous said...

What a nice job you did on the painting.