Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Birthday Feast

Gluten-Free Gourmet
Birthday Feast
What is a birthday without some special munchies to go with it? I planned quite a feast for my birthday this year! Including a few foods outside of the low-carb list, but as I've said before, it's okay once for us in a while! First on the menu were roasted veggies--potatoes, acorn squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes, drizzled with a mustard sauce which was perfect. I've always wanted to have tacos, (a no-no cause of the corn), which were yummy with hamburger, refried beans, lettuce, and tomato salsa. There in front is the Caesar salad, also delicious. I'll be giving you the recipe for that in my next post!
Fruit Fiesta
Time for dessert! Underneath that painstakingly arranged fruit is a layer of cream cheese and oat/rice crust. I drizzled some hot apricot preserves over the peaches, strawberries, and bananas to finish it up. I must admit, everyone was too stuffed after the meal and cake for dessert! It's still sitting in the fridge untouched! Something to look forward to, I guess...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so delicious, I'm getting hungry.

Anonymous said...

It's all magazine-cover-perfect! Can you cook for my birthday??