Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mud Valley Reflection

Artist's Gallery
Mud Valley Watercolor
Can you believe I did another painting from this road? It is watercolor this time, and one of the same fishponds as in "Forest Fire." It’s an earlier painting than my last two, and has less detail. It’s got quite a bit of vibrancy and movement for a watercolor, with not so much focus on realism. On top of that, I think it was done on plain paper, which gets really soggy, wrinkled, and can even dissolve! I guess there’s a reason I haven’t used watercolor for a long time! This makes a nice addition to my Mud Valley collection, though.
See the original picture at J Beachy Photography—its color and detail are quite different from my painting. It's sort of a study in mood and tone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the final painting?

Susanna said...

Yes, it is in fact the final painting. Step-by-step pictures would be very interesting, but I wasn't doing that at that time.

Anonymous said...

I like the more ambiguous look, without a lot of fine detail. Very inviting scene!

Anonymous said...

Iteresting contrast to the acrylic. I guess it's harder to get a lot of detail using watercolor.

Susanna said...

Yes, it's harder to get detail. It takes a lot more layers, drying time, and patience!
Honestly, a lot of people use pen & ink over watercolor to get good detail.