Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Walk in Mud Valley

Artist's Gallery
Laying the Groundwork
This painting is from the same road as my last one, in the middle of the area known as Mud Valley. It’s actually looking toward the same hill as “The Way Home,” except from the opposite direction. I started with a base layer over the 8½x11 cardstock. Then I used the scrubby brush to put in different shades of maroon, brown, goldenrod, and green on the tree area, interspersed by sepia shadows. Next, I started trying to shape the contour of the land with dark shading, especially on the ditch. I love painting hills and shadows like this, especially at evening. Can anybody spot the shadows of the future pasture fence?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I do. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't see any shadows. I guess you needed to paint them darker.