Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Buggy Card

Artist's Gallery
"The Way Home" Card
Here I used the same scene as “The Way Home” but this one is on a greeting card. You can see the detail is not as good because it’s a smaller painting. The trees look quite a bit different because I used a brighter yellow, and a scrubby brush instead of a fan brush to paint them. A scrubby brush, by the way, is a well-used flat or pointed brush that’s caked up with paint and won’t come to a point anymore. Never throw a brush away, it’s always good for something! I’ve done this scene more than once on a card. Which of the two paintings do you like better?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them both. They have a different feel from each other though.

Anonymous said...

I like the trees better in this one and the road better in the first one.

Anonymous said...

I like them both. Are you selling prints?

Susanna said...

No, not yet, but I would like to sell prints!