Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunflower Revisited

Artist's Gallery
Barns and Sunflower
Speaking of sunflowers, here is yet another rendering of that cheerful sunflower picture. This one could almost pass for watercolor, as the acrylic has such a translucent quality. I do think I overdid the color intensities a little bit, but it was a hurried painting. I like how the leaves almost seem to vibrate, the colors are so intense. But compare it to my original sunflower painting here and you will see the differences. My sister and I actually grew this sunflower in our yard a couple years ago - it got over four feet tall I think. I took the photo with the barns in the background, and I don't even know how many times I have painted it since. You can click here to see three of them, each in a different medium. I guess this is a hard picture to get tired of.

No comments: