Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Birds

Artist's Gallery
Birds & Daffodils
And now it's time to celebrate the long-awaited arrival of spring! I think the birds above are doing just that. I painted this little picture as a 5x7 greeting card, using acrylic paint. I was so proud of it that I kept it a long time before sending it to my German pen friend. I copied all the different varieties of daffodils from a bulb catalog, while the birds themselves were found in a bird field guide. I believe they are indigo buntings, with possibly some color enhancement here and there. I made the mistake of painting the brick wall after I had painted the daffodils. It made for a pain-staking operation as well as blotchy look in the end! But I actually sort of like the effect (now that the painting part is over). I have always enjoyed painting birds, especially blue ones.

No comments: