Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bluebird House

Artist's Gallery
Pencil Bluebird
This little bluebird is done in pencil rather than acrylic. The process is very different, to say the least. Rather than building up layers, each part of the picture is filled in separately. For the background, I colored a number of different greens and then blended them together with white pencil overtop. The birdhouse was done in a similar manner, except I tried to create a wood grain effect with straight, parallel lines. If you look closely you might be surprised at some of the colors in the roof - I don't know where I got the notion of using red and blue! The bluebird was fun to draw with its beautiful shades of blue, blending into the orange and white breast. My favorite part, though, is the little opening heart on the birdhouse. I think this would be a lovely place for a bird to live.

No comments: