Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sunflowers

Artist's Gallery
Sunflower Bouquet
Here is another pencil drawing with a different subject. These cheerful sunflowers seem to be smiling out of the picture. I drew them on a sympathy card for a family friend more than five years ago now. I believe all the sunflowers came out of a seed catalog. I took the little pictures of the different varieties of sunflowers in the seed listings, and pieced them together to make a bouquet. I like the assortment of reds, oranges, and yellows I came up with - some with black centers, some with brown. Look more closely and you might also notice the many shades of green in the background leaves. This technique increases the impression of variety in the yellows even more. I remember I was not very happy with this drawing when I finished it, but looking at it now I do think it came out nicely.

No comments: