Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

Gluten-Free Gourmet
Easter Celebration
I want to wish all my readers a wonderful Easter! This jelly roll cake was just one of the highlights of my family's Easter dinner this year. I was actually surprised at how well it came out. Of course it was baked as a flat cake, very light with beaten egg whites and all. I carefully rolled it up between parchment paper as soon as it came out of the oven, and let it cool. After peeling off the paper, I spread the inside with strawberry jelly and whipped cream and rolled it back up. Although we did get a little lenient and deviate from an all-gluten-free flour mixture, the results were worth it. The cake was delicious!
And here is a verse to remind us of the wonderful promise of Easter:

But now Christ is risen from the dead,
and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 
For since by man came death,
by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
I Corinthians 15:20-21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Thanks for sharing . . .