Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Silky & Fuzzy 2

Artist's Gallery
Finished Ducks
Now the ducks are taking shape! I added highlights on their necks and backs, stark white and dark feathers on the wings, and defining black on the bills. I love how the stones came out too--the front one looks very textured, while the background rocks are smooth and shaded. You may be surprised to find out that this was only an 8" by 11 1/2" picture, since I crammed so much detail into it. I guess that's why I am overwhelmed with larger paintings: I work in such painstaking detail!
If these are the two Khaki Campbells from my painting "Baby Ducks," where is the Pekin? You can see my painting of our Pekin duck, Daffy, right here. It's less detailed, only the size of a greeting card; check it out and tell me which one you like better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ducks!