Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby Ducks

Artist's Gallery
Snuggly Duckies
 Which are cuter: chicks or ducklings? In our house that would be a debated question. But when my sister got three little ducklings, there was no question they were cute! Of course, after I got done with my chicks, she wanted a painting of her "babies" too. She certainly didn't lack photographs of them for me to use as references. I did this painting in almost one sitting, I think. I used what I'd learned on the chicks and kept the litter color smooth and uniform. The duckling "fur" was hard to mimic, but they look pretty soft. The yellow one's name is Daffodil; it's a Pekin that grows to nine pounds (imagine that!). And the little brown one (no, it's not a platypus) is either Fuzzy or Silky--we had two identical brown duckies. They are Khaki Campbells, champion egg layers in the duck world, and about half as small as the Pekins.

No comments: