Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Cozy Chicks 1

Artist's Gallery
Beginning Layers
My apologies if you are tired of chickens already; I still have more than a few paintings to share! Of course, since chicks are one of the cutest things on earth, I had to do a chick painting next. Only, in my painting, they don't look like the cutest things on earth . . . humm. Anyway, I started with a dozen photos of my first chicks (see a few here), and put in a wash of colors. The "chipmunk" stripes on the Rhode Island Reds' backs were very important, as well as a few white feathers already coming out on the Barred Rock chick's wing. Can you make out the roost it's supposed to be perched on?

No comments: