Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Silky & Fuzzy 1

Artist's Gallery
First Layer
Of course, before you know it, those little ducklings will be all grown up into big ducks! So here goes for a painting of Silky and Fuzzy, the grown ducklings from the "Baby Ducks" painting. I placed them standing on our (somewhat fragmented) cement sidewalk. I started out with blocking in the stone and duck colors, adding shading around the ducks' necks and feet. The shape came out pretty well, it seemed to come naturally to me. I also tried to keep more unity in the grass as I painted it, creating clumps of dark and light rather than individual brush strokes. I'd say it's coming along pretty well!

No comments: