Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Birthday Duck

Artist's Gallery
Daffy the Duck
Happy birthday to my Little Sister! This year I painted her favorite duck, Daffodil (affectionately known as Dafffy) on her birthday card. Daffy is one of the three ducks we raised from day-old ducklings this spring; however, the other two are brown and much smaller. I don't think Daffy cares! It's so cute waddling around after them. Of course I had to include a tub of water in my painting--Daffy sticks to its pool like, well, a duck takes to water! What strikes me about this painting is how impressionistic it looks. And I didn't even intend that when I painted it with leftover colors on my palette. Just look at that brown tone showing through the blue water surface; the splotches and strokes of green paint on the bushes; even how the blue sky is dabbed in around the leaves . . . it's sad how the nicest things come about by accident!

No comments: