Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Candlelight Christmas

Artist's Gallery
Candle 2012
And . . . this year's version of the candle. That bowl of blueberries only got away on one card! A simple mug works very nicely. And adding the red curtain really balances the candle. I painted two copies of this card simultaneously, one of them for my art teacher--I'm waiting to hear his critique of the painting! Last year I actually set up an assembly line, doing four cards at the same time. In fact, you can see one of them here; can you spot the differences between it and the one above? I realized, after the cards were in the envelopes, that I forgot to paint in the snow piled on the window frame ledges, and the falling snowflakes! Oh well, I guess the blizzard is already over this year! Which of the two cards do you like better?

3 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I like the shading on the candle and curtain of last year's. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Well, this one is more simple and serene, which I like. The other one feels cozy with all the snow outside. So I would have to declare a tie. You can send me either one. :)

Susanna said...

I'll have to be sure to do that! :)