Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Fireplace

Artist's Gallery
Christmas by the Fire
What's better than a chilly evening spent in front of a roaring fire? This is probably the most detailed Christmas card I've done; believe me, I only painted this scene once! It would make lovely prints, if I could get it to print out well . . . Anyway, I love how the yellow light is reflecting on the stone and hearth around the fire. Also that glowing shade of royal blue on the chair cushion underneath the cat. The texture on the grout around the fireplace stone was done with a dry brush technique, and the shadows on the rug are a watery gray/black mixture. I painted this card two years ago for my penfriend in Georgia; now I wish I hadn't sent the original away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cat looks like it's planning something!