Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Candlelight: Pencil

Artist's Gallery

Early Christmas Card
I apologize to all for missing so many days of posting. Lately I have been kept very busy painting what seems like a zillion Christmas cards! To get into the spirit of Christmas, I'm going to feature a series of cards that I've painted both this year and in previous years. This one is probably the first Christmas card I ever did, and it's actually in colored pencil. Except for the snowflakes outside the window--can you guess what they're made of? Yes, none other than white-out! (It actually works pretty well!) I can't imagine how long it took me to draw in all that wood grain and shade the shutter. I don't think I'd have that much patience now, anyway!

No comments: