Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fireworks Card

Artists' Gallery
Flower Card
Did you recognize this as another painting from that same photograph? This is actually a greeting card I did about a year before the large painting. As the instructor at my art class pointed out, it’s quite a bit darker than the photo. The background, especially, is too dark, but I like the depth it creates. I kept putting on more and more of the pure paint color to try to lighten it up; I later realized you add white to the paint to get the lighter shades. And lighter shades make all the difference in a painting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a real card you might find at the store. Nice job.