Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Basketful of Eggs

Backyard Poultry
Eight-Egg Day
Aren’t these eggs a beauty? There’s nothing better than going out and collecting freshly-laid eggs from your own nest boxes. It took my eight hens about six weeks to get up to seven and eight eggs a day. I even took pictures of every single egg I brought in for a while, I enjoyed them so much! Our next discovery was that Acorn, our “Easter egg” Araucana, did not lay blue eggs! (You can see the eight eggs here, and none is blue!) Later, I found out some Araucanas lay “pink” instead of blue eggs. I guess Acorn cheated on us—have to try again next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You put as much work into those eggs as the chickens did. No wonder you were thrilled!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful collection.

Anonymous said...

Must have felt like you would never get there when you first started.