Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fireworks 5

Artist's Gallery
Filling out Foliage
Can you spot the difference? It’s the leaves this time. I already had a good dark background in there, so all I had to do was add a lot of thick, light paint to bring the leaves out to meet the flowers. Besides each leaf having a light and dark side, the foliage gets light towards the background. It was quite a job! I also realized (toward the end) that I needed to create an overall pattern in the tangle of green to lead the eye around the picture. How do you think I did with the paths in the foliage?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny - the flowers look brighter because of what you did to the leaves. Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

It has been fun watching each new step. The flowers seem to be nodding with delight at each new addition to their outfits!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much there is to consider and plan for. Looks as if you really enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I think my finished painting would look like your last post if not worse:)! Nice job.