Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Full Buffet

Backyard Poultry
Fourteen Hungry Mouths...
But if there's one thing all chicks do--no matter the age--it's eat. I mean gobble like they'd been starved for a week. Well, I do admit to having forgot to fill the empty feeder for maybe an hour. But just an hour! They were storming the food trough before I'd even put the lid back on! I guess I had never thought about how much time a chick spends eating before. Meanwhile, the little ones were gobbling from their own food bowl (I must have let it run empty, too):
And the Little Ones
Well, we will leave these chicks to eat and grow for a while. This concludes the current series on chicks. It also, by the way, completes post #500. It's hard to believe I've published five hundred posts already--and that nearly three whole years have gone by since the Best of the Bulletin Board was begun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've enjoyed every one of your posts! :)

Susanna said...

Aww thank you!

Anonymous said...

The one Rhode Island Red looks like it's trying to eat the duct tape:p

J Beachy said...

Chicks grow so fast they have to eat almost constantly.