Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Summer Photo

Artist's Gallery

Original Photograph
And now, you can see the original picture I used to copy. Time for the critique: how does it compare to my painting? . . . Or rather, how does my painting compare to it? I believe I took the photograph myself, in front of the old barns right on our property. And the black-eyed Susans were grown from seeds sent by my penpal from Georgia! For that reason, and because it just seems like the essence of a farmer's life, I will always treasure this painting. Oh, and also because it won the Art Guild's calendar contest--more about that in a minute!

No comments: