Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Flowers

Artist's Gallery
Colored Pencil Lilies
Here are a few more flower drawings to compare. I always find it interesting to see the differences and similarities between colored pencil and acrylic. Both these pictures were drawn on cards. I sent them both to two different of my pen friends who lived in Germany as birthday cards. I even made a little clay tea set to send with the card above, which cost me more to mail than to make... But my friend loved it! Please don’t even ask if I drew these from imagination—never. I went through a flower bulb catalog and picked out blossoms from there to draw: tulips, lilies, and bluebells. Flower seed and bulb catalogs are always a great source to draw from if they have a lot of nice pictures! I especially love the new multi-colored tulips they’ve come out with.
Birthday Bouquet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your flowers look so happy!