Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Summer Evening 2

Artist's Gallery
Gold Frame
So how do you like my frame? I actually found the frame before I painted the picture, so I could cut the cardstock to the right size before starting. This was back before I was taking any art instruction, and later one art teacher told me I should have added white to the yellow on the flowers to make them brighter. The yellow paint, even if applied straight from the tube, just could not be as brilliant as I wanted—and I never thought of adding white! See this technique demonstrated on my other flower painting, Fireworks, right here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the frame sets off the flowers. Beautifully done! Is it for sale? :)

Susanna said...

Thank you for your compliments! Sorry, I like it too much to sell it, but it is printed on a calendar which you can buy. More about that very soon! :)