Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

New Chicks

Backyard Poultry
Day-Old Chicks 
Despite the blizzardy weather outdoors, the time of year has come to begin planning for the spring -- tilling the garden, planting flowerbeds, catching up on outdoor repairs, and, of course, raising chicks. Can you guess which was uppermost on my list three years ago? The chicken chronicles so far published on my blog have covered only one year of poultry ups and downs (yes, I can hardly believe it). Of course, achieving temporary peace in the hen house was not enough, and I had to plunge into a new chicken adventure! With much planning and deliberation, I decided to add 20 new chicks to my flock. It was a chilly day in April that we went to the feed store to pick up the little peeping birds. I expanded my selection of breeds with this addition, which I will be describing soon. There isn't anything in the world quite like day-old chicks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Total cuteness!