Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Patterson Irises

Ohio History
More Irises
Yes, I had to do another iris-bow picture! I’ve never seen irises with such unique colors before—or ones so large for that matter. The little yellow ones in the back are irises too, looking a little wilted I think. The garden also featured large yellow irises, forget-me-nots, pink columbine, daisies, roses, hen-and-chicks, and some spiky cactus-looking flowers. Well-weeded dirt and stone paths led amid the foliage. And to think the Pattersons had it at their back door!
PS: See a professional quality photo from the Patterson gardens over at JBeachyPhotography!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must have had beautiful cut flowers inside the house all summer!

Anonymous said...

I never really thought of those irises as bows before, although I've been wanting some like that for quite a while.