Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Patterson Gardens

Ohio History
Irises in a Row
The Patterson House boasted a beautiful garden in the back. In fact, we actually saw it before touring the house, because we arrived about a half hour before the place opened! There were rainbows of flowers blooming that time of year, including some rather unusual ones. These stunning irises were my favorite—they looked like little bows!
Pink Blossoms
These flowers belong to a small tree that grew near the house. The blossoms are such a deep pink, and so delicate too. The tree almost looked like a sumac at first, but the flowers are much too small. Really, I haven’t the faintest idea what they are. Anybody else have a guess?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I oculd say what it's not, easier than what it is. :)

Little Sister said...

I don't know the name of that flower right now, but I'll let you know when I find it.