Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Talking Doll

Ohio History
Speaking Baby
My sister and I thought this talking doll was especially cool. I wish I could have actually heard her talk! She is once again on the dark end of the skin tone spectrum, with typically-portrayed African features. There is ongoing controversy about exaggeration of racial features on dolls for children. A museum sign did discuss how giving African American children ethnically correct dolls allows them to build self-esteem and self-acceptance. Such dolls are also beneficial to children of other cultures, helping to make them open to people of all racial backgrounds. It was interesting to consider the many roles this doll could have played in a child's life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want one of those dolls!!!

Anonymous said...

I love her hair.