Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crystal Rocks

Ohio History
An Unusual Specimen
What does this unique object look like? I know I immediately think of a ham hock. If you tried to eat it, however, you would be biting into agate rock! This is just one of the beautiful rocks on display on the second-floor exhibit of Boonshoft Museum. Below is a piece of gypsum, which is covered in large white crystal. I got a really sharp picture, didn't I? That's not easy in museums!
Frosty Icicles?
In the next room was the Splash! exhibit. It explained everything you could want to know about our water cycles, waste management, and water usage, as well as detailed information about Montgomery County's water systems. Of course, the best part was posing behind large cut-outs and becoming a plumber, scientist, or engineer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was one of those things they keep mummies in.

Susanna said...

I think I'll stick to the ham theory. :)