Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Walking Home 2

Artist's Gallery
Stage 2
The trees have come alive in the next stage of this scenic painting. I was liberal with the brilliant yellow and red hues of paint. They contrast nicely with the rich greens of the grass. Note that I did not change the color of the grass strips along side the road at all from my last post. However, their appearance has really mellowed with the addition of the yellows on either side. It's a trick on the eyes.
I love painting roads for some reason. The shades of tar weathered with all kinds of traffic tires, and in this case, buggy wheels as well. Notice the long shadows in the foreground? I guess I had not yet learned, always paint a tree before its shadow!

1 comment:

J Beachy said...

It's nice to see the painting coming alive with color. That is odd to have shadows with no trees!