Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Milkman

Artist's Gallery
Milk Cart Candle Holder
The other candle holder I painted was a bit more complicated. I found the milk cart scene on a postcard and adapted it to the long, narrow space of the wall-hung holder. I then wanted to add some more color, so I painted large yellow ornamental flowers around the top and bottom, leading them back into the picture by gradually shrinking them. I'm really pleased with how this one came out.
Repurposed Art Show Flier
Both of my paintings were featured in the promotional poster that the art gallery published! Can you spot them above? I had both the pieces for sale, but neither one caught a buyer's eye. Well, I suppose they'll make good Christmas gifts.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I am on your Christmas list. :)

Pilgrim said...

Too bad I wasn't at the sale. I would have bought them. :-)